OFFICE OF THE CONTROLLER OF EXAMINATIONS (COE)
DR. KISHORE KUMAR DAS
CONTROLLER OF EXAMINATIONS (COE)
The University is duty bound to conduct examinations and confer degrees and post-graduate diplomas and also
to award post higher secondary diplomas and certificates and other academic distinction on persons who
fulfill the requisite qualifications/ conditions. The Examination Section therefore is the backbone of
the university. The entire function of examination section is being governed by different provisions of the
Orissa Universities Act, 1990 and the statutes, ordinances and rules and regulations made therein and the
Ravenshaw University Act, 2005.
The Controller of Examinations shall be the principal officer-in-charge for the conduct of examinations and
tests of the university and declarations of their results. He shall discharge his functions under the
superintendence, directions and guidance of the Examination Committee. He shall be a full-time salaried
officer of the university and shall work directly under the direction and control of the Vice-chancellor.
The Controller of Examinations shall be appointed by the Executive Council from amongst the Readers of the
University or Readers of the Orissa Education Service for a period of three years only.
It shall be his/her responsibility --
- Dr. Durge Prasad Barik
- Dr. Seetaram Mohapatra
- Dr. Yayati Nayak
- To prepare and announce in advance the calendar of examinations.
- To arrange for printing of question papers.
- Arrange to get performance of the candidates at the examinations and other test.
- To postpone or cancel examinations, in part or in whole, in the event of malpractices or if the circumstances
so warrant, and take disciplinary action or initiate any civil or criminal proceedings against any person
or a group of persons to have committed malpractices.
- To take disciplinary action where necessary against the candidates, paper-setters, examiners, moderators,
or any other persons connected with examinations and found guilty of malpractices in relations to the examinations.
- To review from time to time, the results of University examinations and forward reports thereon to the Academic Council.
- The controller shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may by prescribed or
assigned to him, from time to time, by the Statute or Ordinance or may be required by the Vice-Chancellor
MR. DURGA CHARAN DAS
(SR. SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR)
MR. GOPAL KRUSHNA BARIK
MR. PREMCHAND PATTANAIK
MR. SANJAYA KUMAR DASH
MR. URBESH CHANDRA RAY
MR. KRUSHNA CHANDRA DAS
NO NOTICE REGARDING EXAMINATION!!