DEPARTMENT OF GEOLOGY


The Undergraduate Department of Geology was opened in the erstwhile Ravenshaw College in the year 1954 and the Post Graduate Department of Geology was started in the year 1956 under the banner of Utkal University located at that time at Ravenshaw College. While the PG department was shifted to Utkal University at its new campus in the year 1977, the Undergraduate Department continued at Ravenshaw College. In the year 2006, Ravenshaw College became a full-fledged unitary University. Post Graduate studies at Ravenshaw University was started in the year 2010.