The Executive council shall be the apex body of the university and shall be in-charge
of the general management and administration (including the revenue and property) of the university.
Subject to the provisions of the Act and the Statutes the council shall exercise and perform the
following powers and functions namely such as:
- To exercise the executive powers of the university including the general Superintendence and control over its Department/Schools.
- To constitute schools of the university with prior approval of the Government.
- To make statutes and Regulations with approval of the Government.
- To hold control and administer the properties and funds of the university including investment of money in such stocks, funds, shares or securities as deemed fit.
- To provide buildings, premises, furniture, apparatus and other requisites for carrying on the work of the university and to that end enter into, carry out and cancel contracts on behalf of the university.
- To direct the form and use of the common seal of the university.
- To establish, maintain and manage departments and institutions of research and other advanced centers of learning as it may from time to time, deem necessary.
- To appoint teachers and officers and to prescribe their duties.
- To create teaching, administrative, ministerial and other necessary posts with the approval of the Government.
- To suspend, discharge, dismiss or otherwise take disciplinary action against teachers, officers and employees of the university.
- To fix and regulate the fees payable by the students.
- To create research fellowships, honorary or otherwise;
- To create fellowships, scholarships, bursaries, medals and prizes;
- To exercise supervision and control over the residence and discipline of students;
- To consider and pass the financial estimates, the annual accounts together with the audit report and the annual report of the university in accordance with the provision of the statutes.
- To have overall supervision over conduct of examinations and approval and publication of the results thereof.
- To appoint members to the faculties and Board of Studies.
- To delegate any of its powers to the Vice-Chancellor or any other authorities or officers as it may deem fit.
- To accept grants, endowments, bequests, donations and transfers of movable and immovable properties of the university on its behalf.
- To exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be prescribed by the statutes; and
- To negotiate with other universities and institutions of the country for the recognition of the examinations of the University.
MEMBERS OF EXECUTIVE COUNCIL , RAVENSHAW UNIVERSITY