In response to this university’s advertisement No. 3748 Dated 02.09.2008, the university has received applications for 153 positions. While large number of applications have been received with complete information and within stipulated time, many applications have been received late and/or without complete information. Some applications have also been received blank or in unreadable forms. In some cases e-mails have been received without attachment of application. With best possible efforts the university has tried to compile the applications and the status of the applications have been posted on the website of the Ravenshaw University.
It may be mentioned that many candidates have applied for more than one posts, such as for Lecturer as well as Reader, or similarly for Reader as well as Professor. These are shown against their names. Each application has been flagged either with OK Status or with deficiency code(s). The deficiency code and their explanations are given below:
Deficiency Code No.
- (a)No Ph.D. or Net for Lecturership: In case of Lecturer when there is no indication in the application that Ph. D. has been awarded or year of passing Ph.D is not given or no indication is given on passing of NET ( only UGC or CSIR) for Lecturership. ( Passing of NET for JRF is not entitled for consideration.)
(b) No Ph.D; In case of Reader when there is no indication in the application that Ph. D. has been awarded or year of passing Ph.D is not given.
- (a) Inadequate teaching experience: In case of Reader when there is no indication that the candidate has five years of teaching / PG teaching experience.
(b) Inadequate PG teaching/ research experience: In case of Professor when there is no indication that the candidate has ten years of PG Teaching or research experience.
- No evidence that 55 % marks have been secured at PG level or it is clear from the marks stated that that the percentage is less that 55 % and therefore the candidate is ineligible. This is applicable only in case of Readers and Lecturers.
- Subject area of PG is not relevant for the post applied.
- Publication list is not available.
- Specialisation area is not relevant
- ‘Post applied for’ has been left blank.
- Incomplete form of application, either in part or fully.
- Year(s) of passing of the various examinations not written in the application.
- Not applied in the format which has been prescribed.
- The application is partly or fully corrupted. And hence cannot used.
- There is no evidence that the candidate has passed the PG examination.
- The post and /or the specialisation, for which the candidate has applied does not exist.
- No such post, for which the candidate has applied, has been advertised.
The lists of candidates have been prepared subject wise in alphabetical order and the status of the applications has been provided.
It may be mentioned that:
- In the `specialisation’ column of the Mathematics list, in some cases legends have been given within brackets. The explanations for the legends are as follows:
(M) This indicates that the post applied for is lecturer in Mathematics with specialisation in the area as indicated before the bracket.
(IM) This indicates that post applied for is lecturer in Industrial Mathematics.
(OR) This indicates that the post applied for is lecturer in Operations Research or Operations Management.
In the cases, were the no bracketed legend, the post applied for is for Mathematics.
- Economics list also includes application for Managerial Economics.
- Lecturer in Business Management have been shown along with Commerce and Management.
- Lecturer in Computer science also includes Lecturer in Computer and Information Systems.
- Lecturer in Environmental zoology is included in Zoology.
- Lecturer in Human Resource Management is shown separately.
- Lecturer in Social work is shown along with Sociology.
The candidates may note that
- Applicants, who have submitted their applications on or before September 22, 2008 and have been shown with ‘OK’ status, need not take any further action.
- Applicants without OK marking but with a deficiency number are treated as Deficient.
- All applications, which have been submitted after September 22, 2008, even though shown as OK applications, are treated as late applications.
- The university has also decided to extend the date of application and receive fresh applications from candidates who have not applied earlier. Similarly, candidates who may have applied, but their names do not at all appear in the list for the reasons mentioned earlier are also requested to apply afresh.
Applicants and potential applicants in the above 2, 3 and 4 categories are required to submit fresh applications online (as notified in the website) on or before 12 January 2009 and send a downloaded hard copy of the application along with processing fee of Rs. 250/- in form of Bank Draft payable to Ravenshaw University at Cuttack so as to reach the undersigned on or before 19 January 2009.
The downloaded application alongwith the Bank Draft can also be received by hand at Counter no. 5 of university office from 10:00am to 5:00 pm in all working days.
For seeing the status of the applications, Candidates may open the link http://ravenshawuniversity.ac.in/common/applicants-status.htm.
To see the relevant parts of the advertisement dated 2nd September, 2008, inviting applications for the faculty positions may see the link http://ravenshawuniversity.ac.in/File/Recruitment_for_Faculty_Positions_Posts_new.pdf
For filing the on-line application and to know about the procedure, please visit
Ravenshaw University , Cuttack