RAVENSHAW RADIO CRS 90.4 MHz
Orissa’s First Campus Community Radio Station (CRS)
For enquiries or suggestions, please write to email@example.com or call 9040885258. Click here for Programme Schedule.
The following fifteen programmes are being aired over "Ravenshaw Radio 90.4 MHz", the campus community radio station (CRS) of Ravenshaw University:
1. Divine Melody: Literary, classical, devotional and spiritual songs like bhajans, Odissi music, traditional Oriya songs and Oriya poetry set to music will be presented. Lectures and lessons on classical music will also be presented.
2. Career Concern: Career consultants and placement experts will reply to students’ queries related to examination stress, study techniques, higher studies and employment. They will also inform the students about prospective courses and changing job scenario.
3. Community Centre: Various community issues will be discussed in this daily programme under different topics such as women empowerment, issues in education, local governance, inclusion and equity, citizen rights and awareness, etc.
4. Ravenshaw Reporter: This weekly programme will provide all University information sought by the students besides presenting a campus news bulletin.
5. Music Room: Modern songs by popular singers as well as in-house music recordings of local promising artistes/ creative students will be aired in this hourly programme everyday. Eminent musicians will also be invited to host the programme with our jockey and play popular songs from their repertoire.
6. Youth Parliament: A group of like-minded students will discuss on current affairs and subjects of common interest besides holding quizzes, debates and group discussions.
7. Self Domain: The weekly programme will focus on personality development, confidence building, communication skills, holistic living, wellness, etc.
8. The Culturati: This weekly programme will focus on art, history and culture.
9. Study Centre: Faculty members and eminent teachers (guest faculty and visiting professors) will deliver lectures and instructions on curricular subjects to the students. This bi-weekly programme will serve as a virtual classroom for the student community. It will also have phone-in interactive sessions with the students.
10. Science and Health: This weekly programme will focus on latest developments in science and technology while creating a scientific temper among them. It will also focus on common health problems faced by the community.
11. Legends and Personalities: Life and works of eminent personalities will be presented in this weekly programme to inspire the students and community members.
12. The Literati: Intellectually creative students and community members will present their literary creations such as poems, stories, articles, essays, etc. in this weekly programme. There will also be literary discourses delivered by scholars and eminent persons from the world of literature.
13. Book Rack: It will be an exclusive book reading session where students and faculty members will read out passages/chapters from classic books by famous authors. They can also read passages from their favourite books.
14. Guest Room: An eminent personality will be invited and interviewed every week in this programme. Students and community members can also have an interactive session with the guest through phone-in, instant messaging and SMS.
15. Leisure Lounge: This will be an exclusive place for students to hang-out and unwind themselves where they can engage in light informal conversations (gossips) and even make jokes or quips to amuse each other as well as the listeners.